CANONSBURG — Senator Camera Bartolotta (R-46) issued the following statement today in response to the gas well pad fire last night in North Strabane Township:
“I contacted Range Resources Vice President of Operations Dennis Degner for an update last night on the status of the fire in North Strabane. He assured me that it was under control and that, according to the information he has received, it was a mechanical malfunction that caused the fire. I am extremely thankful that first responders were able to contain the fire quickly without any loss of life or serious injuries. I also appreciate that Range Resources had an emergency response plan in place with local emergency responders, and that this plan was executed exactly as planned.
“As the company begins its investigation into this incident, I look forward to receiving additional information regarding the fire and potential measures to minimize the risk of similar accidents in the future.”
CONTACT: Colleen Greer (717) 787-1463