Our Commonwealth | Back to Top
- DEP Kids Page – Department of Environmental Protection
- Academically prepares children and adults to succeed as productive citizens – Department of Education
- Hallowed Grounds – Whether your interest is historical, spiritual, or something else, Pennsylvania’s many sacred sites are fascinating to explore. Cemeteries, monuments, battlefields, and other significant places give a new perspective on our heritage.
- Improving young children’s nutrition and physical activity – Division of Food and Nutrition – Pennsylvania Department of Education
- VisitPA.com – VisitPA.com is the official Travel and Tourism web site for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Our Nation | Back to Top
- “America’s Story” from America’s Library – A fun site for kids and families from the Library of Congress. You can have fun with history while learning at the same time by putting the story back in history and show you some things that you’ve never heard or seen before.
- American Memory: American History in Words, Sounds & Pictures – American Memory is part of the National Digital Library Program of the Library of Congress where millions of items relating to the history and culture of the United States can be found.
- Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government for Kids
- Bill of Rights – Amendments 1-10 of the Constitution
- Census Bureau for Kids
- CIA Kids Page – Central Intelligence Agency
- Constitution of the United States – Full text of the U.S. Constitution
- The Declaration of Independence – Full text of the Declaration of Independence
- FBI Kids Page – Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The Federalist Papers – A list of titles and the text of the 85 Federalist Papers.
- Kids.gov – A kids portal page developed and maintained by the Federal Consumer Information Center.
- First Ladies of the United States
- Kids in the U.S. House of Representatives
- Library of Congress – The largest library in the world and the nation’s library
- NCES Kids’ Zone
- National Gallery of Art Kids Page
- Peace Corps for Kids
- President Reagan Library
- Smithsonian George Washington Game
- Smokey Bear’s Official Home Page – Only you can prevent wildfires!
- Today in History from the Library of Congress
- Truman Presidential Museum and Library
- U.S. Department of State for Youth
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- United States Mint – Kid Pages
- Women of NASA
Resources For School Reports | Back to Top
- America’s Library – The Library of Congress site for families and children – an excellent site for American history and culture.
- Bartleby – The most comprehensive reference publisher on the web, meeting the needs of students, educators, and the intellectually curious.
- Homework Spot – Homework information portal for all grade levels, includes reference links to virtually every subject topic found in schools.
- Math World
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Mr. Rogers
- National Geographic for Kids – Fact-filled features in one area. Find maps, photos and more.
- New York Times Learning Network – For grades 3-12. Includes news summaries, daily news quiz, test prep questions and more.
- Scholastic Books
- White House
- Women in History
- World Flags Database
Parent and Teacher Resources | Back to Top
- Center for Civic Education – Lesson plans for elementary, middle and high school grades
- C-SPAN in the Classroom – Free resources to use with C-SPAN programming including teacher guides, activities and success stories collected from teachers nationwide.
- DEP for Educators – A site from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection dedicated to educators.
- DiscoveryEducation.com – Find original U.S. History/Government lesson plans written by teachers for teachers.
- Places for Parents – Links to websites for parents from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Places for Teachers – Links to websites for teachers from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Project Childsafe – Putting a lock on safety in your home.
Community Organizations | Back to Top