HARRISBURG – Nine state grants totaling nearly $2 million will help finance clean water and sewer projects throughout the region, according to Senator Camera Bartolotta (R-46).
The grants were awarded as part of the Commonwealth Financing Authority’s PA Small Water and Sewer Program, which provides financial assistance for the construction, improvement, expansion, or rehabilitation of a water supply or sanitary sewer system.
The grant awards included:
- $425,000 for the Municipal Water Authority of Aliquippa to replace water valves throughout the city. The replacement valves will decrease the number of households affected by shutdowns due to maintenance.
- $67,000 for Creswell Heights Joint Authority to install new solar mixers for three water storage tanks in Hopewell Township to ensure water quality is maintained.
- $425,000 for Waynesburg Borough to replace 2,060 linear feet of sewer main along College Street and West Street to help mitigate inflow during wet weather events.
- $40,000 for the Municipal Authority of the Borough of Carmichaels to replace the water treatment plant’s backwash tank located in Cumberland Township.
- $250,000 for the Carol Township Authority to rehabilitate the Grandview pump station to reduce sewer overflows.
- $70,837 for California Borough to install new sewer lines and manholes along Highland Drive.
- $212,500 for the Mid Mon Valley Water Pollution Control Authority to install new grinder pumps at pump stations in the boroughs of Roscoe and Stockdale.
- $118,161 for the Cecil Township Authority to construct new sewer lines on Windcrest Drive.
- $391,000 for the South Strabane Township Authority to replace a deteriorated sewer main along Chartiers Creek from Pike Street to Country Club Road to address numerous breaks that have resulted in untreated discharges.
In addition to the water and sewer grants, CFA also awarded a $125,000 grant to East Bethlehem Township to turn a blighted property into a gateway for the Monongahela River Water Trail. The grant was awarded as part of the Greenways, Trails and Recreation Program.
CONTACT: Katrina Anderson (717) 787-1463